Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Inspired creativity

When I was a
kid, my family and I would have competitions to see who could draw the best with a pencil between our toes and who could draw mom the funniest. Usually the Mrs. Potato Head won.

I grew up in a very creative house with a very artistic dad. This is where my inspiration to draw began. I started out drawing cute stuff like ponies and rainbows but soon I had started drawing Disney characters left and right and even the coolest Hot Wheel cars or fighter jets for my brother.

Painting, on the other hand, came from my grandma, known as Nana. She’s probably the coolest grandma ever. She plays Wii bowling, Guitar Hero, goes to aerobics (and Choctaw), and is a complete fashionista! But she was the one who got me hooked on painting. During the summer breaks she and I would go to the Dallas Arboretum with our watercolors and paint just about everything we could, from flowerpots to the deer statuettes with White Rock Lake in the background.

My family has definitely influenced me the most, especially in my creative ways. Hopefully one day I’ll be that impact, just not as Mrs. Potato Head.

3 comments:

  1. You kind of pulled me in without me realizing with your family feet drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! I totally relate. My dad is an artist as well AND I did some drawing myself last night ;-) Your artwork is nice btw

    ReplyDelete